SUPPORTING TEACHING AND LEARNING IN SCHOOLS
LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA CACHE INFORMATION SHEET
Education and Training, Supporting Teaching and Learning
Level 3 Diploma
Diploma Awarding Body
NCFE Program Length – 6 months
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THIS QUALIFICATION
This qualiﬁcation provides learners with an understanding of the knowledge needed when working directly with children and young people in a school or college environment. It will enable learners to gain an understanding of elements including children and young people’s development and safeguarding their welfare. Aims and objectives
This qualiﬁcation aims to:
- Focus on the study of supporting teaching and learning
- Offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge.
- Provide learners with knowledge and understanding needed to work in
This qualiﬁcation provides you with the knowledge, understanding and skills to work in a variety of unsupervised job roles that support children and young people’s learning in schools or colleges.
Roles this qualiﬁcation will prepare you for include:
- Teaching Assistant
- Learning Support Assistant
- Special Needs Assistant.
HOW IS THE COURSE TAUGHT?
- Online lessons taught by a teacher face to face in a class with other learners every week.
- Learners will be appointed a tutor for 1 on 1 support
- Use of Online Portfolio
- Practical Workshops
it is funded via the advanced learner loan
Advanced Learner Loan
If you are aged 19 or above, you may qualify for an Advanced Learning Loan to help pay for your course fees. Most learners aged 19 and over, studying at Level 3 or Level 4, will qualify for these loans from the UK government. It’s easy to apply, your household income isn’t taken into account and there’s no credit check. You won’t have to pay anything back until your income is over £25,000 a year!